At J.Lindeberg we look for individuals with a mindset of always aiming higher. You have a passion for Sports and Fashion together with a consumer oriented focus. You will be part of an environment driven by progressiveness, sporting energy and responsibility.
We offer a Trainee program with main focus on our global HQ in Stockholm. Our programs usually run during spring or fall, full time for 12 months.
How to apply
All Trainee openings will be posted among our open jobs on JL Career site during the end of the spring and the end of the fall. Depending on our business needs we also take on trainees to other projects and departments, these will be posted throughout the year.
You apply with your resume and cover letter, and we recommend you to focus on the interest in J.Lindeberg as a company and always include information of availability and amount of hours you can be with us.
Trainee opportunities 2021;
Design Trainees - FW21
Do you want to know more about being a part of a lifestyle brand with the purpose to inspire the tribe of energetic urbanites to live it’s life to the fullest? Join the JL FW21 Trainee program!
About the Trainee program
As a trainee of the Design Team, you will get an understanding of the design process and the work of developing specific product groups within the Global Menswear Assortment within Fashion and Sport.
You will follow the Designers in their day-to-day work tasks and support with the execution of tech packs, assist at fittings, prepare material for presentations, etc. with your mentor, you will set goals, expectations, and focus for your learnings prior to your start.
- Trainee program period: 12 months full time, 6 months with Design Fashion, 6 months Design Sport
- Date: August 2021-August 2022
- Location: J.Lindeberg HQ, Stockholm
- Number of openings: 2
- How to apply: Apply with your CV, cover letter and by answering our questions below.
- Compensation: This is a paid trainee program, by monthly salary including vacation and pension.
- Learning areas and responsibilities
- Research – Support the Designer in the research on relevant trends and Products
- Design – Follow the Designer in their daily work and learn each stage of the design process of developing a seasonal collection, supporting with preparing Tech Packs and overviews, material and trim selection, etc.
- Garment Fit – Attend and support during garment fittings and gain insights on how cross-functional teams interact and support each other in securing the perfect fit.
- The Design & Development Workspace – Support the design and development team in maintaining an organized and efficient workspace including sample handling, wardrobe maintenance, shipment handling, and other daily tasks.
- You probably just about to end your studies or recently graduated within Fashion Design
- Knowledge within Menswear and Sportswear is preferable
- Strong use of Illustrator and Photoshop
- Having a good eye for colors and combinations
- Good understanding of materials and constructions
- A strong natural communicator fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Social, communicative, and ambitious team player- but who is not afraid to come up with suggestions and ideas.
- Authentic and genuine personality
J.Lindeberg Working Principles
As part of J.Lindeberg you are an ambassador for J.Lindeberg and inspire our partners by living JL working principles.
- Courageous - We are bold and we are unafraid to question what we are doing in our passion and determination to succeed.
- Progressive - We strive to be creative and innovative in our designs, our ways of working and our use of materials.
- Customer focused - We work hard to understand our customers around the world, and we design fashion and experiences to inspire them.
- Collaborative - We work cross-functionally, building a non-hierarchical, inclusive environment where everyone can thrive.
- Agile - In order to be competitive, we are flexible and ready to adapt quickly.
- Entrepreneurial - We are proactive and willing to succeed. Each individual is accountable and takes ownership of their part in making it happen.
- Ethical - We are a responsible company, with strong business ethics. We care for our planet, our local communities and our people.
- Sincere - We are honest, dependable and trustworthy, driven by personal integrity and fairness.
Last day to apply: 2021-07-15. Please apply soon as possible, as we hope to fill the position in July.