We are looking for an Outerwear Designer for the Men’s wear collections.
The Men’s Outerwear designer role combines an active product use, experience, market knowledge and input from Design Manager to create original and innovative designs. Through attending conferences and tradeshows, and by product testing, the Designer must maintain constant exposure to the outerwear industry trends, design changes and innovations. Ultimately the role requires designs that embrace the Company’s core design philosophy- to create product of the highest quality, function and fit from a sustainability perspective. The role is reporting to Design Manger.
- Responsible for the creation of relevant, innovative design concepts for men’s outerwear.
- Communicate and present concepts and design information in a concise and professional manner (verbal, written and visual context).
- In collaboration with Design manager and Product Developers, develop seasonal line plans and strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Product Developer, Pattern Maker and factories to engineer products that achieve design concepts while meeting target retail and margin goals.
- Collaborate with the Design manager in the creation of graphics that are appropriate for the outerwear collection.
- Create and present designs through 2D design review. Thereafter, in partnership with Product Developers, develop fabrics, trims and manufacturing strategies for the outerwear collection.
- Provide product information through detailed drawings and thorough checklists to Pattern Makers and Product Developers so that prototypes and BOMs can be created in a timely manner.
- Partner with Product Developers in providing detailed and complete tech pack information when working directly with factories.
- Participate in Company trips to various locations around the world to increase creativity and innovation in outerwear collection.
- College Degree in Fashion Design required.
- 5+ years design experience in the sports / fashion field or equivalent required.
- Developed understanding of line planning and product costing required.
- Thorough understanding of and proven experience in fabric development and sourcing required.
- Highly developed flat sketching for outerwear required.
- Knowledge of technical garment construction required.
- Extreme attention to detail required.
- Proven ability to maintain schedules.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Working knowledge of personal computers with demonstrated experience in the use of programs as: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and PDM / PLM.
Please send your application as soon as possible as we are reviewing them continuously, but no later than 2019-01-10